And we are back! Oh, we actually took a break from Blogging and other work to go for a well-deserved break. Our holiday destination was Jamaica and yes it was fabulous. We had such a blast! It wasn’t an adrenaline-filled holiday at all. We really don’t do those types. We still enjoyed it. It was actually quite nice to have a few weeks filled with nothing that had to be done as a matter of urgency.
So we spent our time doing whatever we wanted to do, like lazing around on the beach, fishing, visiting family and friends, soaking up the local culture etc. We had a really good time and there were no negatives really. If I was being picky I’d say that I got bit by mosquitoes a few times, and also that my stay wasn’t long enough.
Anyway, now we are back to the routine of things and we have had to do a reset. If you’re interested, here’s my rest list to get us back up and running in our own routine sort of way:
Reset for the home
- there was a leak above the kitchen while we were away. The home insurance fixed the leak but there is still the matter of fixing the damaged paintwork
- Our suitcase wheels have taken a battering so, being frugal, we’ve decided to change the wheels rather than buy brand new cases.
- We’ve got to carry on with preparing the garden for the summer months. It is beginning to look up and we’ve decided on a mostly yellow and white theme
- There’s work to be done in changing up the look of the kitchen/dining area. A new round table will need to be upcycled for this.
- Lots of little things need to do to maintain the home. This includes things like toughing up paint spots, cleaning skirting boards etc
Reset for work
- We need to put away all the woolly knitted clothing and get out the more summery ones that are comfier to work in at this time of the year.
- I just filed my tax returns and need to sort out paying what I owe to ‘Caesar’
- I also need to create a new spreadsheet for income and expenses (oh my, we are already in May, and this should have been done in April)
Reset for the blog and vlog
- The vlog (YouTube channel is doing really well and we have gained so many new subscribers and views in the last 28 days! But the blog needs help.
- I need to update some blog posts (this is a constant, never-ending job!)
- I think my Pinterest RSS feed is messed up so I need to figure out how to fix that (not looking forward to that). Any help greatly appreciated.
We are still a little jetlagged but so happy and grateful that we had this stress-free getaway and that we had no harm or accident, etc. I’m sure it will take some time to get back into our regular routine but thank God it’s sunny right now so it puts us in the right mood for that.
If you are looking for a holiday getaway, I’ve found that TUI has a lot of great deals on flights, holiday packages, cruises, and even car rentals! Our flight was a non-stop flight from Birmingham to Montego Bay and it was the best fares we found. Even flights with connections were coming out much more than we got ours for.
Pray for us as we navigate what we have to do while still in such a chilled out Jamaican mood.
Jo and Leisa