We all have our goals and plans for our lives. For the most part, for most of us anyway, our plans are realistic and achievable. Most, if not all of the plans will require some financial management.
Herein lies the first challenge. Surmountable, but a challenge none the less.
This advice is suitable for everyone whether or not you have a lot of money. Even those who are mega rich need the advice as we have seen so many of them fall from great heights of richness to abject poverty due to poor financial management and planning.
If you make it rich, perhaps you, more than the rest of us need to remember to put away some money for later. It will be a harder bump for you because you have been accustomed to having so much.
For those who do not have a vast wealth, you too must make wise financial decisions which will impact your life further. Learn to use my mantra: Spend a little, live a lot.
Initially you want to do the following:
On a sheet of paper, list all your monthly expenses. Add them up. On the next side of the sheet, list your income, if you have income from various sources, add them all up. Ideally, you should have more on the income side than on the expenditure. If expenditure is more, you might want to either reduce your spending (although the bills will still need to be paid) or get another job. Well I hear you saying that you already have a job.
My advice is for you to start your own blog and get some extra income working on your computer at home. If you don’t know how to set up and run a blog, sign up for this course that I did with Elite Blog Academy.
If your income is more than the expenditure then that is great! You need to next divide this extra into savings and disposable income. If the income is short, read on:
- Regardless how small your income, get into the habit of putting some money aside periodically for a later day. Make sure you do not lend this out! If you sign up for my 101 personal finance tips, you will see why!
2. Make a determination that some things are not worth paying for, not that you don’t need them but that you can do a good enough job or indeed a better job yourself. Use your skills wisely. If you can bake, cook, do art and craft, woodwork do it, for your family as well as to earn additional income. If there are things that you do not yet know how to do that will help to save you some money, if you have the time, I’d say learn how to do it! Get busy!
3. If you stay home during the days, then you can use your time to earn additional income. There are lots of legitimate ways to do this within the confines of your home. One of the best ways, which is quite in vogue now is to do your own blog. If you have an interest, like using a computer or tablet and have access to one, then you can start. I would suggest starting off as a hobby. However as time goes on you will find that you can make money from your blog which is what I do now. This easy online course from Elite Blog Academy gives you the step by step formula that really works.
4. Be actively on the lookout for ways that you can save money at home. Can you find a cheaper deal for mobile phone, household fuel, food shopping, internet serviceIf you already have ? Try and switch if you find a better deal.
5. If you are clever, and have clocked on that blogging from home can now earn you at least a part time salary, make sure that you monetise your blog so that you are not leaving mony on the table. Even if your blog is done just for fun and relaxation, you can make money from it by doing the course Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing.
6. What about writing your own book? If I am able to write a book, you can too! And eveyone has a story to tell. Mine is about Living Life While Squeezing Lemons. What would yours be called? See, you have a story too! Write and publish a book! I can give you ideas. Just shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coming up soon on the blog we will share the stories of women who are making an income from home. They agree with my view that you should spend a little and live a lot. It is quite doable and you will be much happier for it.