Yes, you are in the right place. If you are looking for easy ways to live well, I can think of thousands. And especially easy ways to live well and spend less money doing so.
I think living well is subjective, though.
For some folk, in their mind, living well means having a lot of money to spend. That’s where they and I differ.
Years ago, I was earning much more money than I am now, but I was a lot more miserable and unhappy. Go figure!
So, as the topic is a subjective one and one with so many facets to it, I will create a list, which I will continue to add to and I encourage you to add to it too, at the end of the post.
- strive to be a happy person
- laugh a lot
- look after your health
- treat others well
- consume a diet that feeds your mind, body, and soul with good things
- Give yourself something to look forward to every day
- exercise your mind: read more, do puzzles, engage
- look out for the less fortunate
- try your best not to accumulate too much debt; this tends to leave one very unhappy
- the more manmade ‘stuff’ you put in and on your body, the worse off you are
- no need storing up anger as you are only hurting yourself
- accept yourself, whatever you age
- walk away from people and situations that drain the happiness out of you
- have a positive mindset – think more positive thoughts than negative ones
- avoid burnout, take breaks
- do creative things that you enjoy
- stretch your mental abilities, read, do brain training puzzles
- challenge yourself to learn something new, it might be a language, a new skill or craft or something you wished you knew how to
- do something good for someone that they would not even expect
- be courageous
- Think carefully about your choices before you make any decision
- Celebrate your accomplishments and those of others
- Treat yourself to something nice periodically.
- Think experiences rather than tangible gifts not just for yourself but for others as well.
- Actively keep a happiness and gratitude journal for a year
What can you add to the list?
Take a quick look back at the post and you will see that most of the items do not require any money at all. It is a farce that to live well you need a lot of money. Try some of these and tell us how you get on. What do you do which allows you to live well that could benefit the rest of us? Please feel free to share in the comment section.
Have a happy life.
Related products you may be interested in