Freebies can be an amazing thing. Getting something for nothing when you make a purchase is always nice, and it can often offset the cost of something that you wouldn’t usually buy.
Of course, though, many people ignore this sort of option when they are shopping around the web, choosing to buy things that don’t come with anything free at all. While this isn’t the end of the world, taking advantage of freebies can be a great way to make yourself feel better about the money you spend, and this post is going to be showing you how to do this for yourself without adding effort to your shopping.
Finding the freebie
There are loads of places that offer freebies around the web, but you will have to work hard if you’re going to find them. Some people choose to get into a routine for this, working hard to check places for the items they like until an offer comes up that they like. With the right tools behind you, though, this can be much easier, and this section is going to give you some ideas to help you to find freebies when you’re shopping online.
- Social Media: Sites like Facebook are great for those who don’t have time to keep track of freebies. There are loads of groups out there that are designed for users to help each other when they find something like this, spreading the word about free items so that everyone has a chance to enjoy them. We have had great success with finding freebies on Facebook and we gladly share the word around about how others can get in on the action too.
- Communities: Websites like Reddit operate like massive online communities. Much like Facebook, there are sections on sites like these that enable you to talk to others and keep up with things like freebies around the web. Companies like DiscountLifeCover.co.uk often use tools like this to save their customers money.
- Product Releases: Promotions are often held when new products are released, giving people access to freebies that they would usually never be able to get their hands on. Phones are a great example of this, with many new contracts coming with headphones, games consoles, and other techy tools. The last time I renewed my phone contract with Three, I got a free tablet as part of the deal. As a result, there was one lucky recipient of this tablet when we went to Jamaica.
- Brand promotions: I’m sure you’ve seen brands promoting new products in the supermarket in an attempt to get us to try and then make a purchase or two. Well, trade fairs offer the same experience too. If you happen to go to The Good Food show or any such shows at the NEC, you’ll be sure to come away with bags and bags of freebies you didn’t have to pay for.
- Cashback: Nothing beats a freebie like getting cash back after you shop. My absolute favourite is using Top Cashback. You just create an account and sign in to it each time right before you do your regular online shopping. Watch the money come right back to you.
What To Do With Your Freebies
Of course, it would be impossible to make sure that all of the freebies you find are suitable for the job that you have for them. The item you get might not be something you need, or it could be something you already own, but it will still be worth snapping it up. Let’s take a look at some of the options you have available when it comes to using your freebies.
- Keeping Them: This is the most obvious choice, with most people wanting to keep their freebies for themselves. This is great, and it’s how the freebies you receive are intended to be used, so it makes sense to go down this router when you can.
- Selling Them: Some people will prefer to make some money out of their freebies. It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to get retail value back from something like this, though you will usually get something back, especially if you’re able to keep yourself from opening the box that your items come in. We are not embarrassed to say that we have made a pretty penny selling things we got for free. If we don’t need it, we sell it.
It can be hard to make the most of the money you spend online. A lot of people choose to use discount codes and other methods to save a little, though looking for freebies will often give you the best chance of saving the most.