If you are like me, you like simple. Simple, pain-free, less cumbersome, etc. With money and making financial transactions online or even in physical shops, I want to make sure I have the best options available to me.
There are just some things with doing financial transactions that I wish were smoother and more reliable. Some things just irritate me and recently I stood in the queue in the supermarket and thought of all the issues I have with bank cards. I’m going to share with you my little (long really) list of issues I had with financial institutions and their cards. I’m sure some of you face the same issues. So I’ll share with you the solution I found: Curve. Thanks to Curve, our readers get £5 when they make their first transaction using it! Read on to find out why it’s such a great project for you penny pinchers. But first, the issues.
- Too many debit and credit cards to take around with me
- Having to remember all my pin numbers and CVV codes for different cards is a pain
- Having to ring up a bank and wait on the phone for what seems like hours for them to stop any transactions from going through if I have lost or misplaced my card (nightmare!)
- Paying for petrol with one card and having to locate and present my reward card for them to top up my reward points
- Trying to negotiate and arrange some suitable way to get currency for spending money overseas
- Getting notifications re one card or the other only when I log into an email (not in real-time)
- Having to pay a transaction fee every time I use my card overseas
- Oh, the embarrassment if I ever present a debit or credit card and for whatever reason, the transaction doesn’t go through! Ugh!
- If I make a payment for a product or service and then the funds become depleted before the company actually takes the money out, I wish there was an easy way to just direct them to another of my cards to take the funds from!
- I wish there was a way to use one card or app for Apple, when I do transactions on my iPad, Google for my regular online transactions, and Samsung pay for when I use my phone.
- I’m not being greedy but I also want a card that rewards me for all of my everyday shopping! Is that too much to ask? And by the way, that should be on top of any loyalty benefits! No, I’m not greedy, am I?
Jo and Leisa: Penny Pinchers always looking out for a good deal
The big solution to our woes: Curve
Penny Pinchers, I’m sure that you will find that a large percentage of my ‘money problems’ relate to you too! You can identify them too, can’t you? So let’s tell you the solution we found to all of our problems/issues listed above. We found Curve. It is a card and app combo that streamlines all of your bank cards into one.
It is easy, and most of all FREE to get the app and card. We love free! All you really need to do is to sync all of your visa and mastercard debit and credit cards to the Curve app and account and it works as one real MASTERCARD.
So the card looks just like a mastercard and the app lives on your phone. I say a pocket is all you need! You can continue to do all of your regular transactions on your phone by using the app. You can use the one card just about anywhere you would normally use a debit or credit card. You don’t lose any of the ‘benefits’ you would get from using any of your cards.
Honestly, I’m trying hard to think of any disadvantages of getting and using the Curve card. I’m even thinking of what else I would want in a card like this and I can’t think. Can you? Is there something we are missing? Something we are not seeing?
The last time I went to Florida in 2019, I couldn’t believe the amount of money I lost due to transaction fees! Every time I used my debit card to withdraw money, to get a bus ticket, or to pay for goods in a store, I was charged a transaction fee! Every. Single. Time!
Oh how I wished I had my Curve card with me back then!
Now I’m off to see what else I can dream up to fix the world’s problems.
My favourite Curve features
- I can honestly say that my favourite feature of the Curve app and card is that it allows you to link so many loyalty cards that I already have. These cards include my Tesco card, Costa, Cafe Nero, and Boots. Now there’s no need to have a bulky purse when I go out.
- My next favourite feature is that if I lose or misplace a card, I can stop/block it as soon as I find out (by using the app on my phone.
- Also, the app is easy to download and install and you can make £5 if you are a new user. Feel free to use my link to download the app and get £5 after your first transaction
A nice feature that is coming soon is Curve Flex. It’s a way of splitting up your purchases into several installments. This can be done for payments you’ve already made too, so you can spread them out and get more money if you need it now and pay off the purchase later. You can find the details here.
If you do have any questions, don’t hesitate to send them our way and we will do our best to answer. You can use the comment box below this post. Now you know that you can actually make better card transactions. honestly don’t know why no one else has been able to come up with an idea as smart as this. Thanks, Clever Curve!