Hey Summer lovers!
We usually plan and sort our Summer holidays right after our Winter holiday. Now usually our Winter holiday is spent locally either at home or somewhere else in the UK. For some reason, last December we decided that we were going away to Morocco for Christmas. It was really lovely but so not normal because we usually would be in the UK.
Anyway, after we returned, for some reason we did not start planning the Summer getaway. This would usually be sorted by the end of January. Fast forward to March 2020, and the pandemic we were all hearing about was a real issue. At that time, we had not dreamed that it would turn out to be as bad as it is. So many millions have lost their lives all over the world over the last few months.
So we dared not dream of going away on holiday. It seems to us that the best place to be would be home, and I don’t just mean in the UK, I mean staying at home in my physical house. We will be enjoying a lot of sunshine outdoors too. As long as the pandemic is still raging on, most of us in our home think we will be safer at home.
We’ve always let the democracy rule at home, so when we took a vote, one daughter thought that we should take a chance it and go on holiday ‘you only live once’, if we are to die from Covid19 then we can’t die from a car accident or anything else!’
I’m sorry but I think I should take as many precautions as possible to preserve our lives, so we are not going away!
We are having a summer staycation!
I am going to make it as enjoyable as possible and hopefully, we all be happy with it. Here are some of the reasons I am looking forward to it!
- We can plan some theme days that we all can enjoy. This will include music, food, and of course, dressing up.
- One family member loves camping, so, sorted! She can set up her tent in the back garden and be able to enjoy more modern conveniences than she would if she were at an actual campsite.
- Don’t you just hate when you are on holiday and you want to sleep in late but you have to wake up and hurry to the breakfast venue before all the food is done? And then there is no point in going back to bed after because then you are already too awake! I loathe that. Well, at home, you can get up at whatever time you want and have whatever you fancy for breakfast if it is even still breakfast time!
- Being frugal, I am so happy that this year’s staycation will not cost as much as our usual Summer holiday, so I will be able to make another mortgage overpayment.
- We can afford to spend longer than the usual 1 – 2 weeks on this year’s holiday! Yay!
- When I think of how many people will not be able to go on a holiday of any sort at all this year, I feel blessed. At least I am able to ‘go away’ at home.
- I am looking forward to doing up our outdoor space so that it is extra special. Be sure to check back to see the progress as well as the finished deal. It will be amazing! (That’s a bit strong! It will be very different from how it is now!) Here’s a sneak peek at some of the flowers we are using to spruce up the back garden a bit.
- I am grateful to know that I have a safe home and a garden. I am aware that many do not have that at all. Some are considering where they are going to move to next, and some have no garden at all and might have to stay holed up in a high rise apartment, not only during summer but all year round! So if I have a space to spend with my family, then I think it behooves me to be grateful. And so I am!
- I don’t know about you, but as much as I like being on holiday, I don’t like many aspects of it like packing, dragging suitcases, customs, airports, the whole deal! I like the holiday but not the process!
- My favourite people in all the world are my family members. I am a social being but sometimes, to be honest, I can’t be bothered with ‘making friends’. My staycation will allow me time to be with my family, doing things we love and enjoying each other’s company.
There you have it, only 10 of my reasons for looking forward to staying home this Summer. My family is my world and I am so grateful that we all get along. I honestly can’t say that anyone is annoying or bothersome. That is a big blessing that I really will appreciate this year on my Summer staycation.
Are you with us on this one? If you are, do help us out by sharing the image below on Pinterest. We would really appreciate it.
Are you going away on holiday this Summer? Why or why not?
Some of our very favourite things for our summer staycation