I guess this post will be like an introduction if you don’t know me, or us, for that matter. So we are Jo and Leisa, twin sisters in our fifties. We love blogging but time seems to be slipping away from us. Or I think we are spending more time on our lively and growing Youtube channel, and hence, we are unintentionally ignoring our blog. Recently, I read a post from Kim at Life as Kim and she spoke about doing Blogtober. It means sharing a blog post every day for the month of October. It sparked my interest, so here I am. There are prompts you can follow and I am going to use the one she shared. Well, most of the daily ones I will use.
Ten things you don’t know about me
By the way, if you read something here that you already knew about us, let us know in the comments section below.
- We both went to separate teachers’ colleges in Jamaica. Jo went to Shortwood Teachers’ College and Leisa went to Mico Teachers’ College.
- One of us has traveled on the other’s passport before!
- We don’t feel each other’s physical pain but we have a very strong emotional bond so we function well on that.
- We both have very serious headaches if we somehow eat raw peanuts.
- We’ve written and published a book together. Wanna see? Living Life While Squeezing Lemons
- We take turns cooking each day so we get to ‘taste each other’s hand’ and it’s always true feedback! Most days the offering is really good!
- We are each other’s first and usually only sounding board to discuss issues, problems, decisions to be made, etc.
- We find something to laugh about every single day! Most times it’s some simple nothingness. But we like to think it keeps us young, 😝 .
- We watch more youtube than regular TV. Coming up one of these days, we’ll share our favourite things to watch.
- We work with brands and have done several things including ads, TV roles, writing, modeling, and Pinterest!
We hope you’ve learnt a thing or two about us that you didn’t know before. Keep coming back as we endeavour to create one new blog post each day, for the month of October. Our next post will be on books to read in October. We have some cracking good ideas for you!