I’m making a Christmas time resolution. Because I am a ‘frugalist’. The list includes things I won’t do this Christmas. Some are for lighthearted fun and some I am dead serious about! It’s up to you though to decide! I am sure you will have fun.
Here’s my List
- I won’t eat Brussels sprouts. I’ve heard bitter foods are not good for my liver and I’m taking that as gospel truth.
- I won’t overstuff myself. I’m the one who will suffer from the belly ache. So I’m just not!
- I won’t pay the postman, garbage man or any other man (or woman for that matter) any tip! I do my job, get paid and don’t get tips. So they won’t get either (at least not from me).
- I won’t add too much to the garbage man’s workload. (bad enough he’s not getting any tip from me). Instead, I will try to reuse, reduce and recycle as much as possible. (See my post about the landfill)
- I won’t buy any new decorations no matter how beautiful they are, nor how inexpensive they seem.
- I will not drink any alcohol, nor smoke, nor take any drug not prescribed by my doctor. Yes, you heard that right!
- I will not bother my children about cleaning their rooms. It’s their mess. If they want to wallow in it over Christmas, they can. Come the New Year though….
- I won’t watch any ‘Christmas movie’ because I know what is going to happen. I will fall asleep.
- I won’t do anything remotely resembling ‘work’. It’s Christmas. Time for family fun, not slaving for Caesar.
- I won’t look disappointed at some of the rubbish gifts I know I will get. I will secretly hope that I can get to the receipt so I can return the gift and take the money instead!
- I won’t wear sandals, regardless how pretty. My toes will feel the hurt!
- I don’t expect any gifts from some people. That way I won’t be surprised (mean bastards!)
- I won’t complain (too much) about the exorbitant pay of footballers and politicians.
- I won’t ignore one beggar on the street if I see them during Christmas.
- I won’t buy any advent calendar. I have a perfectly good calendar, plus I know deception when I see it. This is a deliberate attempt to get me to put on weight so I will not be fooled. Let that money remain in my pocket! Here’s how you can help with a reverse advent calendar.
- I won’t eat more than my fair share of Christmas cake. Hahahaha. Check out this Jamaican Christmas cake recipe and see if you could avoid eating your fair share!
- I will not deny the call to take part in one of the fun family games. After all, that’s what the season is about. Fun, fun, fun.
- I won’t take a break from blogging. I need the income! Do you want to become a blogger? Read my tips to start blogging to see how. Here’s the perfect course that is more than affordable.
- I won’t X out Christ out of Christmas. I will remember that He is the reason for the season.
- I won’t spend money just for the sake of it. I will remember that the New Year is just around the corner and I will need money then!
So what do you think? Which of these do you share as a resolution? Let me know by dropping me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the comments section below.
Also, check out some of our latest posts particularly if you want to get more money and spend less money.
Ho ho ho and all that.