With Christmas fast approaching and everyone spending more than they do at every other time of the year, I like to keep my frugal hat on still and make more money rather than spending money. There are some fail-safe ways of doing this. Continue reading and I will share some of the tips with you.
- If you live someplace where it snows a lot at this time of the year, why not invest in some snow clearing equipment and offer your services in your neighbourhood? That’s a good way to clear your path and also to make money clearing snow for others. Do a good job and you will find you come highly recommended. If you are neighbourly enough, you could do an elderly neighbour’s drive for free. Soon the word will go around an there, you have more business.
- Give handmade gifts. I find that these gifts are more treasured and most can cost less to make than to buy expensive ones in the stores. If you have a craft that you do, then do it. As well as making gifts for friends and family, you can also sell some of these at Christmas time to make even more money. I do know what I am talking about. I sell cakes, knitted and crocheted items like blankets, scarves and baby clothes and toys. I have now come to depend on this extra income at Christmas time.
- In case you have not heard of it before, or heard of it but have not given it much thought, QMEE is a good way to make money. Simply click the link here, log on and you will find it is really easy to make money by just searching the internet for things to buy (you don’t have to buy anything, actually) or by completing surveys for them online. If you want to read about it before you take the plunge then click here.
- There are elderly people who live alone who depend on the kindness of others. They find it difficult to be out and about especially if it is very cold and the roads are treacherous. It might be a good idea to approach them, to find out if they would like any good deed done on their behalf. Some will pay to have jobs done, but even if they don’t, consider that your contribution to the saving of humanity!
- It might not seem like ‘making money’ to you but when you purchase gift wrapping paper, decorations and other Christmas paraphernalia at the end of the season when they are much cheaper, that is a saving to you. It would cost you more to buy them at the start of the next season when they are quite expensive so there you go. Also if you have suitable facilities to store them away safely, you should be able to resell some to friends and family at a profit. Online sellers like Amazon , Ebay and so on, usually have massive sales on their Christmas products right at the end of the season.
- Make wreaths. There are some beautiful wreaths that appear on people’s door at Christmas time. Some are beautifully handmade and from all sorts of materials. If you are one of those crafty ones, you can make and sell those. If you are crafty but have never done one of these well check PINTEREST for inspiration.
Here’s wishing you a jolly good Christmas and all the best for the new year. Keep to the frugal living and your New Year will be just awesome!
Check out these frugal ideas for the season: