This post is being considered because we are taking part in Blogtober where we will publish a new blog post every day for the month of October. October is generally considered to be Halloween month and a lot of time and attention is given to it. I won’t be doing any Halloween posts but I’m having a think about things I am scared of so I just wanted to share with you.
I think it is human to have fears, so I hope I am not alone in this. Here is my list of fears. They range from simple and tangible things to ideas and situations that would produce tears and sadness, depression even. I hope this will help you to have a think-through too. Especially, I would like you to do what you can to get over some of these fears.
- Bears and other such large animals
- Pain. This one is actually a major fear of mine. I think I’ve already had my fair share of pain in this life
- Insomnia. I read recently of this lady who gets no more than 30 to 40 minutes of sleep each night for months at a time! She prays to get even 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep! I sometimes suffer with this a little but never this bad. It is usually when I have something on my plate that I need to deal with and get past or over with. I’ve done an extensive post about help for insomnia using all the tips I have gathered over the years and most persons have found at least one thing that has helped.
- Heights. I think this is common. But ever since the World Trade Centre fires and also the ones at the block of flats in London, I always think about getting a lower-level room in a hotel, even if I have to put up with the noise of people coming in late at night.
- Losing my twin sister. I have lost a son already and also my dad, but I don’t think I would ever get over the loss if something ever happened to my twin sister.
- Falling. I don’t know why I even think of this but I do. To me, it would be so embarrassing and also difficult to get up! Lol
- Poor health in old age. I think about this a lot too. It’s just so difficult to imagine the helplessness.
Again, I am sure I am not alone in my fears. We all share them. Is your list much different from mine? Let us know in the comments below.