We love curries and this Chicken Korma recipe is beginning to be one of our favourites because it is so easy to prepare and does not take much time at all.
Check out the low carb ideas we shared on the show (Click here) … and see our photos of the foods and us with the family
When we were asked on the TV show for Series 2, episode 7 (Shop Smart, Save Money), we chose to suggest a chicken korma for a family that loves takeaways. We wanted to show just how easy it was to make, along with perfect rice and served with any seasonal vegetables.
Here now, we will share how to make it yourself. No doubt, it will be one of your favorite takeaway style meals too.
Click here for other fakeaway ideas
Ingredients for the Chicken Korma with Perfect Rice
4 boneless chicken thighs, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 chicken stock cube
200ml coconut milk
3 teaspoons curry powder
5 tablespoons natural yogurt (optional)
1 cup rice
pinch of salt
(meal may be served with tomato slices or any other seasonal vegetables of your choice)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chicken. Keep stirring while the chicken sizzles and browns over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the same saucepan and cook until they are softened.
- Make up the stock with the cube and pour it in
- Add all the other ingredients, apart from the yogurt, to the saucepan, and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 mins until the sauce is thickened and the flavours are developed.
- While the korma is cooking, it is time to cook the rice. If you use basmati rice, just use double the volume of rice in water.
- Add one cup rice, 2 cups water, and 1/2 tsp salt to separate saucepan and put to boil. Once the pan starts to boil, place the lid on, lower the flame, and leave to cook until all the water has been absorbed. Do not stir at all.
- Remove the korma from the hob and stir in the yogurt(optional) to make it extra creamy.
- Serve with a fresh salad or tomato slices or steamed spinach (think of the overall colours of the meal and also the likes of family members). Enjoy
Here are some other foody posts you will love