So you love to have a takeaway, don’t you? Well, apart from busting your waistline, it’s also doing serious damage to your wallet and, well, that’s not a good example to set.
In this post, I’ll share more reasons to avoid having a takeaway too often. Not just that, I’ll also share some tips for avoiding going for the option of the takeaway and then close to the end, I’ll give you some free easy recipes that you can use to create your very own takeaway style meal.
Click the image below to save this post to Pinterest
Five reasons to avoid takeaways
- They are expensive and these costs do add up, preventing you from saving as much as you could have
- They are usually loaded with saturated fat, and these push up your cholesterol levels. You don’t want to risk having a stroke
- The caloric levels are insanely high. A slice of pizza can have up to 400 calories! The more meat and cheese it has, the more the calories
- It does set a bad example for children if you order in too often as they’ll think this is the lifestyle they should have too.
- You are more creative and likely to enjoy the meal more if you whip it up yourself.
Five tips for Avoiding the Takeaway Option
- Plan your meals
- Always cool down and refrigerate or freeze leftovers
- Remind yourself of the large number of calories you are likely to consume if you order in a takeaway
- Keep a log of each price of the takeaways you have. You will see that the price is mounting!
- If all else fails, freeze your credit/debit cards until you really NEED to use them!
Here are your easy Recipes for DIY
- Egg Fried Rice
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Jerk Chicken marinade (just rub on your chicken and bake!)
- Frankie and Benny’s
- Nandos style meals
- Wagamma style chicken katsu curry
As easy as that! You can make your own takeaway style food and become a pro at it too! Not only that, but you will be saving money, watching what you eat, and setting a good example for kids and even older ones. Soon you’ll be having friends over for a takeaway.
Other Recipes for you
Do let us know in the comments how you like them.