So soon and the memories of 2018 will be far in the distant past! It seems to have rushed by in some instances and dragged on it others. How has it been for you?
As bloggers, we always look forward to the coming months but we also look back to evaluate whether we are on the right path in terms of our growth and what we had set out to achieve.
The last two months of the year have been our best to date for a number of reasons and I will set them out below in the hope that you will be inspired to get on in life with what’s best for you too. And we are ending the year on a high!
- Following a massive price increase for hosting our site, we moved from Siteground (who always make it cheap to start off with) to Speedy Dot who moved over both sites for us and started hosting for much less than half of what we were paying earlier. So far, there have been no problems and we do get a speedy response and help when we’ve needed it.
- In terms of our reach, the pageviews continue to climb and we are interacting more now with our readers through our Facebook page and also by way of our newsletter. Our Facebook group is growing slowly and we could definitely do with more interaction so come and join us. Quite a few are happy bystanders at the moment.
- Some good news on the blog front now (although this is really a by-product of the blog): On the Channel 5 TV show, we have been blessed to be able to have such a wide audience where we can share more frugal living tips and also some cooking tips too! Our Nando’s style fakeaway recipe is very popular and so is the one we posted on how you can make a quick Chicken Korma from scratch with a few ingredients that don’t cost the earth. We had a chuckle when someone asked in the Facebook group what the tomatoes were for. We should have spelled it out more clearly. Tomato slices go well, in my opinion, with a chicken korma and rice dish.
- For our birthday on December 22, we had several giveaways hosted on Instagram. Well done to those who were the lucky recipients. Thanks also to Simbrix, Mainline Menswear and Magic Candy Factory for giving gifts.
- When we sat down as we usually do at the end of the year to assess our progress and to make plans, we realised that there were some things we were doing right and some things we definitely need to stop and also some new and exciting things that we plan to embark on. I guess you will have to check back to see the changes.
- Our newsletter will have a bit of a revamp, including more helpful money-saving tips for our readers.
How about you? How has 2018 treated you? Have you made concrete plans for the year facing us? We are so excited to see how things will pan out but we are also ready for the hard work that success will take.
ps Click here to see our best 9 photos on Instagram this year!