Inspirational posts and quotes are appearing everywhere! I like most of these inspirational quotes I see now popping up all over. What do I like about them? I like how they are written in nice fonts, how they grace walls in various rooms of the home as well as in business places. And perhaps the thing I like the most about them (most anyway) is that they are really inspirational and serves a real purpose especially if they are very thought provoking. So here I have taken time out to share with you some inspirational quotes which are from the Bible.
My choice of Inspirational Quotes
- ‘As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ‘– Joshua 24:15. I can see this as a bold statement gracing one of the walls in the family room or living room.
- ‘Honour your father and your mother’ – Exodus 20:12. Appropriate I think on the wall in a child’s bedroom.
- ‘He who has begun a good work in you will complete it’ – Philippians 1:6. I’m planning on using this one on my daughter’s bedroom wall when she goes off to university.
- ‘Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people’ – Colossians 3:23. Suitable I think for the staffroom at work, or the common room or lunch room or even in a factory setting.
- ‘Honour her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate’ – Proverbs 31:31 Craft room/sewing room? Maybe?
- ‘For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’ – Jeremiah 29:11. How amazing is that! When the road gets rocky, we just need to lean on the promises the Lord has made, and one thing I do know, he never fails. This could go in any room of the house I think.
- ‘And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.’ – Romans 8:28
A few years ago I made one (on canvas) for a friend’s birthday when we planned a surprise birthday party for her. She was really struggling at the time with several issues. So I did this inspiration quote: When life gets too hard to stand, kneel. I know some people wont get this, but some of you will. I’ve put a picture of it on one of my Pinterest boards about decor ideas. You can check it out if you like Pinterest.com/joleisacreed
Let the Words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight O Lord my Strength and my Redeemer. Amen. Hope these inspirational quotes have prompted you to think and to use one of these somewhere in your home. What about doing one up for a friend or neighbour as part of your good deed? The inspirational quotes can certainly recharge your batteries and lift your mood every time you come across them. Maybe you can think of others if these ones don’t strike a chord with you.
Let us know what your favourite quotes are.