If you’ve seen my last few posts, then you’ll know that I’m a summer kind of girl. It actually comes in joint first with Christmas as my favorite time of the year! My birthday is around Christmas time and I suppose I was conceived near to summer. That’s my reasoning anyway. In this post, I will share with you some ideas on my bucket list in the hope that you will be inspired to think about and create your own.
Why I love Summer
I just love the warmth, the lazy, hazy days, the get up when you’re ready days, the school’s out time so families have to entertain their own kids or arrange for it, the summer games vibes; football, the Olympic games etc, the leave your doors and windows open to get in some breeze days, the summer sandals (I’ll tell you why I’m not a fan anymore in another post), the playing games outdoors, the sound (only the sound) of the ice cream van, the impromptu barbecues and the long days. Well, that’s only a tenth of the reason I like summer!
What to do This Summer
This year, in my head, I’ve got a list of things I want to do. I’ve got some great ideas from Emma Drew about getting so much done on a shoestring budget that you must check out. I’m going to try to list them now, in a random order as fast as I can so I don’t miss any! Whoa!
Okay, I’ll tell you at the end of the summer which ones have remained on my bucket list because they didn’t get done. Won’t you join me in creating a similar bucket list for the summer? I bet you that you’ll find my ideas cool and will want to plan your own.
So here goes… are you ready? Count to three!
- Attend or invite people to at least 10 barbecues
- Clean my living room windows
- Sew a blind for the little glass section of the door leading from the front porch.
- Visit at least one city apart from Birmingham where I live
- Find 5 old friends on Facebook
- Collaborate with at least one new friend on a blog post
- Visit at least 3 elderly persons
- Invite some children home for a pizza or cookie making session
- Walk at least 30 minutes five days a week!
- Follow my physiotherapist’s advice and do the exercises suggested for my Plantar Fasciitis
- Try out a new hairstyle
- visit at least one new church
- go on at least one witnessing activity
- complete at least 4 of the crochet projects I have started
- Sell or give away at least 10 items I no longer use
- Go to the Bull Ring market
- Meet up with past work colleagues
- Do something each day to make at least one stranger happy
- De-clutter my living room by giving away ornaments etc. that I’ve acquired over the years
- Map out one of the books I want to write
- Try out Facebook video and add at least one to my blog
- Work on doubling my Pinterest followers
- Get a young person to help me to figure out how to use Instagram and Twitter
- Drink at least double the amount of water I am now consuming daily
- Stop biting, and allow my nails to grow
- Open my box of craft making Sizzix thing that I bought more than a year ago!
- Rekindle my passion for doing abstract art pieces with acrylic on canvas
I better stop now as there’s no way I’m going to get it all done! What do you think? Did I give you ideas to come up with your own bucket list of ideas for this summer? Whatever it takes, I’ll do the best this year to Enjoy the Sunshine and get the Benefits.