You’ve heard the saying that prevention is better than cure, right? Well, my trip to the dentist this week gave me an opportunity to think seriously about this. As soon as my twinnie and I arrived at the dentist’s and took a seat in the reception area, the lovely receptionist chirped up, “I saw you ladies on telly!”
Then by the time it was our turn (individually) to go into the dentist, he told us that he just got a ping on his phone and it was from the receptionist who told him that two ladies who were on telly the other day, were coming into him next.
He quizzed us about the show and asked whether we were actually frugal by nature, or are we being frugal now that we are on the show. We said it was the former. He actually put me on the spot and asked me to give him one frugal living tip that will help him to save money in the long run.
These are the 5 frugal things that we shared with him.
You can do them too and it will save you money in the long run.
- If you can afford to, pay for your car insurance for the year rather than monthly. It is always cheaper to pay for the year
- On the point of car insurance, use a price comparison site to look for cheaper deals rather than letting your previous insurer renew it automatically
- Give up on the gym membership and enjoy the lovely outdoors when the weather is friendly and vitamin D is free flowing
- For meetup with friends, use a Come Dine With Me style where you each take turns to entertain each other
- learn some savvy tips for grocery shopping and use them up.
You know me, I’m always on the hunt for a freebie or a bargain. So while I was in the dentist’s chair, I spotted the little sample sized toothpaste they generally have and asked for a few. He said I could have a few. I took six. They’ll be used when we go away for filming in the next few months.
Do you collect any free samples when you can? Let’s hear all about it. Share with us in the comments box below.