Fish pies can form part of a delicious and nutritious meal for the family. Along with a crisp salad or steamed vegetables, it is quite satisfying and in addition, you improve the nutritive value of the meal.
As part of my meal planning routine, I often make up a batch of mash potatoes for the topping, white sauce that I would have made up in bulk and then in little or no time I would have prepped a number of fish pies for the family. It is recommended that we eat more oily fish per week so that we get the valuable omega 3 fish oils. So in your meal prep, a good idea is to make use of some oily fish, for example, tuna and mackerel. You can check here to see the simple steps to making your own white sauce.
Easy Fish Pies
You will need:
Frozen fish of choice
Salt and black pepper
[easyazon_link identifier=”B06XDFPTC2″ locale=”US” tag=”joleisacom21-20″]Aluminium containers[/easyazon_link] or other[easyazon_link identifier=”B06XT9NC86″ locale=”US” tag=”joleisacom21-20″]ovenproof dishes[/easyazon_link]
Start off by putting about 2 tablespoons of white sauce in the bottom of the tin foil container. To this add a cheese single and then the fish. Season with salt and pepper, then top off with the mashed potato.
This can be easily frozen with lids on. If the meal is to be had on the day it is prepped, then store in the fridge until ready to be baked. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
If you have not started to do meal planning yet, please do trust me when I say it is a life changer.
- It allows you to shop purposely thus cutting out excessive shopping.
- You only buy the ingredients for the dishes you’ll be making.
- It saves you time so that you can be more productive in other areas and
- it gives you peace of mind to know that you know exactly what is going into the meals you are serving your family.
- No additives or preservatives are necessary.
- Make use of the space in your fridge and freezer and always have food in
- Avoid takeaways- use these takeaway style recipes.
Wouldn’t you like to see me making up a batch of fish pies for my family? Here’s the video:
My life has changed since I made meal planning a habit and I am sure you will think the same once you try it. Try and tell me what you think.
Have a good week.